Being in an auto accident is stressful, whether it’s you, your teenage driver or another family member who is involved. And accidents can happen to anyone, no matter how safe they are. Seagroves Insurance offers a wide array of policies and options to suit your auto insurance needs and is committed to helping you through the claims process.
So what should you do if an accident happens?
- First of all, stay calm. Safety is the number one priority. If someone is injured, call 9-1-1 immediately. Otherwise, call the local police department’s non-emergency number to file an accident report.
- If you’re able, pull to the side of the road or to a safe area.
- Gather contact information and insurance information from those involved in the accident.
- Collect any witness names and contact information.
- Take photos of any damage done to your vehicle or other property at the scene, as well as the other driver’s license plate and vehicle if they are still at the scene.
- Don’t offer an opinion regarding who was at fault.
- Discuss accident details only with the police, your insurance agent, and your claims associate.
- Stay at the scene until instructed by the police to leave.
- Notify your insurance provider.
When you need our assistance, Seagroves Insurance will let you know what to expect during the claims process and answer any questions you have. Reach out to your local Seagroves Insurance agent for more information.
In partnership with your insurance carrier’s claims department, Seagroves Insurance is committed to providing you with the best customer service to meet your insurance needs.